SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical sailor mag.
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Practical Sailor is aimed more at testing and recommending gear, bottom paints, anchors, etc. While it does have boat reviews, that is not the reason most people subscribe to it. I have subscribed for years and wouldn't be without it. Some issues have very little that interest me at that particular time and other issues I read cover to cover the day I get it. The good part is that by keeping back issues, if I suddenly have a need for something (autopilot, anchor, radio, binoculars, you name it) I can pull out that issue and read up on things. The guys do a very good job with it IMHO.

As for a trailer-sailor, I think there's even a magazine aimed directly at that market. Plus, do some internet searches and you should find a ton of info out there. All the big glossies cover that kind of boat every so often, too.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook