SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Candidate options wanted
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Boat Candidate options wanted

The OP sets criteria of $120000 and 10 years and gets a slew of suggestions over $130,000 and much greater than 15 years old. Not what he asked for

He posted in another thread the pro and cons of buying newer ( with less wear and tear but already depreciated) vrs older with replacement costs and upgrades necessary right away. he obviously decided on newer

What is available are some nice cruisers which are suitable for his purpose, I like the 38 ft Catalinas the best. All are production boats

The 36 CC Beneteay I dont think will suit your purpse. It is OK as a Bay boat. It is ponderously slow, and the sea motion is not gentle. My freind 2 slips from me has one. You are virtually 24 ft from the bow at the helm.

If you are willing to go another 3- 5 years out, production boats still quality and it opens up the 40 fters.

David I know you can handle a 40 ft easily and the added length and weight will give you icreased comfort at sea, anchor and more tankage.
I still prefer the Catalina

View Boat Photos - YachtWorld.com
2002 Beneteau 393 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
2005 Beneteau 393 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook