SailNet Community - View Single Post - Life Raft Purchase
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 03-08-2013 Thread Starter
rockDAWG
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Re: Life Raft Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I'm not a pro on laft rafts, but these folks are : Life Raft and Survival Equipment: Life Rafts, EPIRBS, PFDs, Safety Equipment

Give them a call, they are very helpful. I understand that self-righting is a bit of a fairy tale. Easy to right is more accurate.

We own a couple of different Winslows and I like them. You can customize for your needs. If you really want a raft that you can survive in for a week, you're going to literally need a dolly to move it. 100 lbs for sure, maybe more. You'll need a double insulated floor, ramp access, upgraded sea anchors, windows so you don't too sick, etc. Most important, you can't rely on retrieving your ditchbag, so you'll need a week's supplies pre-packed inside the raft, which they will do.
Thanks for the link. I will look into later.
When I said I need to survive a week. I didn't mean I need to be fed three time a day for a week. I just need to have enough water to survive (not going into a severe dehydration state). I am sure I can live without food for a week or more, so an energy bar every other day will be good.

To prevent getting loss, I am thinking to use a messenger bag or a small backpack for ditch bag.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome