SailNet Community - View Single Post - Magma marine grill recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Magma marine grill recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
My propane locker is just big enough for my LP tank, so that's not an option. It also won't fit a T-attachment, so I'm not going to try to tie into the tank for the grill. However, since my boat runs off an outboard, there's a vented locker for the the external gas tank, with plenty of room to store a couple LP camping bottles there.

I've used the LP bottles for many years on our camping grills, and never had one leak on me. But I always allow them to warm to ambient temperature before removing them. All the cases I know of leakers were people who allowed ice to build up around the top, and once disconnected the check valve did not engage properly.
I also have used lp bottles for the 58 years of my life and have seen them leak and have found empty bottles in my propane locker which were removed properly and were not iced when I removed them. While I mostly trust them when new, I do not trust them to reseat after partial use.

Common sense says to practice safety when unscrewing and placing them in a container where they can vent harmlessly into the air vs collecting in a low unvented area on the boat. Thats close to foolproof as you can get. That's all I was saying. Relying on waiting for them to warm up to seat properly is not foolproof IMHO and creates a false sense of security.

For those who have the extra propane tank or can establish a valved "T" , you will have to purchase a hose with a low pressure ( step down) adaptor and knob and remove the Venturi tube on the Magma Grill for it to work.

MAGMA Control Valves for Magma Grills at West Marine

Marine Express USA Boat Parts, Engine Parts, Boat Accessories , ,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook