SailNet Community - View Single Post - Magma marine grill recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Re: Magma marine grill recommendations

That's the one I have and I use it every other day more or less for the last 4 years. The only drawbacks are I do occasionally feed the marine life by mistake as the lid inhibits turning of the meat over the grill. I lost the medallion from a large pork chop by picking it up by the rind to flip it over.(the wife said "Oh you dropped yours" and didn't share). Cleaning is a pain if you leave it for any length of time. Try keeping it to less fatty cuts especially if cooking pork or lamb. When it gets too dirty, I remove it and take it to the beach where it can be pulled down and given a scrub with sand and salt water (inside only). the S/S grill grate has lasted over 4 year, but will need replacing soon. The first thing to go was the peiso lighter, not the electronic bit, but the tang on the gas burner, for three years I have just used the stove lighter. As the gas burner has now had it, I will put the new one on at the next clean, I should have push button lighting again for a while. The defuser plate and ring will rust and break down over time, and as in my case need replacing Next clean. With regular use the outer shine fades to a golden sheen and needs to brought back to is shinny glory with a good metal polish which no one can see because I keep the canvas cover on.

If converting to LPG just buy the adapter and attache to the venturi tube where the old gas bottle one connected.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Last edited by SimonV; 03-09-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook