SailNet Community - View Single Post - Magma marine grill recommendations
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 03-09-2013
SimonV
Wish I never found SN!

Re: Magma marine grill recommendations

That's the one I have and I use it every other day more or less for the last 4 years. The only drawbacks are I do occasionally feed the marine life by mistake as the lid inhibits turning of the meat over the grill. I lost the medallion from a large pork chop by picking it up by the rind to flip it over.(the wife said "Oh you dropped yours" and didn't share). Cleaning is a pain if you leave it for any length of time. Try keeping it to less fatty cuts especially if cooking pork or lamb. When it gets too dirty, I remove it and take it to the beach where it can be pulled down and given a scrub with sand and salt water (inside only). the S/S grill grate has lasted over 4 year, but will need replacing soon. The first thing to go was the peiso lighter, not the electronic bit, but the tang on the gas burner, for three years I have just used the stove lighter. As the gas burner has now had it, I will put the new one on at the next clean, I should have push button lighting again for a while. The defuser plate and ring will rust and break down over time, and as in my case need replacing Next clean. With regular use the outer shine fades to a golden sheen and needs to brought back to is shinny glory with a good metal polish which no one can see because I keep the canvas cover on.

If converting to LPG just buy the adapter and attache to the venturi tube where the old gas bottle one connected.

Simon
Ericson 39B.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Safe at the GOLD COAST.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Last edited by SimonV; 03-09-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome