SailNet Community - View Single Post - Magma marine grill recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Magma marine grill recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
..For those who have the extra propane tank or can establish a valved "T" , you will have to purchase a hose with a low pressure ( step down) adaptor and knob and remove the Venturi tube on the Magma Grill for it to work. ....
Well, over the winter I finally purchased a hose to run from my spare onboard propane tank to the grill. I will still have at least one small tank in the locker, as I think running this hose is going to be less than perfect. The propane locker is going to need to be left open when grilling. No good way to drill a hole.

I have an old Force 10, that looks like a long tube. I actually love the thing. You can turn it easily on the rail so the hinged lid faces forward and blocks the wind. Isn't that where the wind is always coming from at anchor? One side is very hot and the other is cooler. No idea if it was engineered that way, but its obviously helpful.

I'm not following the step down regulator need. The grill itself has what appears to be a regulator that the 1 lb tank screws into and has the Hi/Med/Lo knob on it. Will that not sufficiently regulate the propane from the 20 lb tank? Maybe the Magmas are different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook