SailNet Community - View Single Post - Norfolk, VA to Boston delivery
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013

fallard is on a distinguished road
Re: Norfolk, VA to Boston delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Have to do the same trip. Crew will be my wife/me/ two delivery captains ( dealers for the boat) Believe they propose leaving Norfolk,Va -Straight shot to Barrington, R.I. Cut into L.I. sound depending on weather. Non stop. Although new boat it will be fully found except for entertainment electronics. Time late April/early May. Any concerns? Should I appeal to do the coastal hopping rather than straight shot? Figured learn the boat better in shorter time if we just "get her done".
Prudence dictates a proper shakedown before you go on an offshore trip like this. You need to verify all systems are working and up to the task--even if brand new--by spending significant time off the dock, but near enough to get a tow or other help if needed. Heading up the Chesapeake would offer you "offramps" if needed. The detour would be worth the several extra days if you've never been there.

If you stick to the original plan and you've never been offshore for days at a time, you may want to take precautions against sea sickness.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook