SailNet Community - View Single Post - Magma marine grill recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: Magma marine grill recommendations

Chef, good tip on the briquettes (sp?), as they do tend to run hot.

Rick, we have an older model that's basically what you're looking at. When we bought the boat I just replaced the one that was on the rail as it was beyond disgusting. The problem with the rail mount is the threaded end and handle are clothing grabbers. After one too many scratched legs I changed over to a rod holder mount last year and it was a BIG improvement.

I'm actually thinking about replacing ours with the better model that has the igniter and double walled construction. The outside of the little sucker can get really hot and it would be nice to press a button to light it.

Cooking: Switch to sausage patties or get cheap foil pie plates at $1 a pack at the dollar store. Make up foil packets with fish, spices, veggies and a little white wine. Simple and tasty. Tortillas with a little sauce and cheese are simple thin crust pizzas and don't forget fresh grilled corn on the cobb in season.

Nah, I'm not jonesing for the boat too much...

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook