SailNet Community - View Single Post - COsts of short distance sailboat transport
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: COsts of short distance sailboat transport

The better question is how you're planning on blocking it once the boat is at your home. Do you have jackstands? The mover I used (excellent, by the way, and I can PM you their contact info if you're anywhere near NJ) charged $500 to move the boat about 50 miles, and used a hydraulic trailer to lift the boat off the jackstands when he "picked up" the boat, and she was grabbed by a TraveLift to be placed in the water. In your case, on the "delivery" side, you'll need jackstands or the like to be maneuvered into place once the trailer has the boat where you want her. The stands are positioned, and then the hydraulic arms are pulled down, letting the boat rest on the stands. I've seen it done, and it doesn't seem TOO terribly hard, but if it's your first time you might want to find someone with a lot more experience to help you. The last thing you want is a toppled-over boat sitting in your driveway.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook