SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gelcoat Repair O'Day 30
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013
repair it all

rustyballast is on a distinguished road
Gelcoat Repair O'Day 30

I discovered somehow that Gel Coat Products in Seattle Washington has the exact gelcoat color available for my old O'Day non-skid areas as well as other areas. Being that the non-skid deck areas are showing wear I want to repaint the areas with new gelcoat. I ordered a quart of "O'Day offwhite #2884" with wax. Any tips on application of gelcoat on the non-skid areas on the deck?

Also, I inadvertently damaged the interior liner while resealing the starboard jib track. I removed the track, did the allen wrench thing, filled holes with resin and hardener thickened with filler. Drilled out holes and inserted screws with 4200. No leaks and sealed deck. Unfortunately, not knowing any better, used card board to cover holes in bottom while resin hardened...which was a mistake. It made a mess and removal of cardboard damaged texture on liner. So no I need to repair the liner with gelcoat and attempt to duplicate the texture. Any ideas on duplicating that texture? Perhaps a roller?

Also... if interested... Gel Coat Products will mail samples on popsicle sticks to determine match.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook