SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is cruising only for my parents? sorry, posted this one is general discussion too
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006

JustinC25 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JustinC25
Robert, thanks for the input. Having a job that I enjoy is something I am trying to find. I realize I'm young and can easily have a change of career. I was also thinking that cruising may help me decide what I want to do and possibly lead to career options in the sailing world. I've thought about teaching sailing, yacht deliveries, maintenance/repair work as ways I may be able make a living in the future. It would take more experience and training, but I'm sure I could do it someday. I've always been one for working on and building things, starting with all the wooden model airplanes and boats I built as a kid. That's one of the reasons I love sailing and working on my boat.

In college I wasn't sure what I wanted to get into. Originally I wanted to get into yacht design, but I wasn't sure about that being a wise decision. I ended up going the business management/information technology route that was popular and seemed to be a good choice. Now I've been in my career field for a couple years and I'm realizing that it sure would be nice to have a job that I loved, compared to just being a "job" that pays the bills.