SailNet Community - View Single Post - Popularity of center cockpits?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Popularity of center cockpits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog60 View Post
I am sure I don't know or have seen as many boats as most on this site. That being said I am higher than a Cal 40 next to me and about even with a sugar scoop 46 Hunter in front of me.

Looking at pics of the HR 40cc I think it is about the same as my Bene. My Hot tub as some call it is deeper than you might think. The cockpit/tub sits over the engine room.

Motion comfort has not been a issue for me and the admiral and that was what started this conversation.

Fair Winds,
Tom
Gottcha...if it works for you thats cool.

You did say you could stand upright in your engine room though so I assumed the deck above was also the same as the other. Do you have special drains for the cockpit since it sets so deep,

Comparing to a Hunter in height, the Hunters all have elevated aft cockpits as most over the 38 have queen size berths aft although you can stand up all the way back. That actually supports my thinking as the Hunter rear cockpits are definately higher than most aft cockpits.

I am not abject to a CC I like the roominess of them. Most have two heads which I dont need , but I could convert one for storage. We have to decide which bets fit us a a couple, do we want the huge berth or more room in the salon. Its a matter of where we spend most of our time when below.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook