SailNet Community - View Single Post - anchorage etiquette
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

blutoyz is on a distinguished road
Re: anchorage etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
This is the proper phoilosphy.
In regards to " Hey what you gonna do". There have been times, and it's happened plenty, that some one would anchor 2 boat lengths in front of me and fill my cabin with their exhaust. Most times I move with a mean stare in thieir direction. As I have to sail off the hook and don't have a generator or engine my self I had could hardly return the gesture. There are however more creative way's of dealing with these people. I learned many techniques cruising with Grandad as a boy.
I remember several all night gen. runners waking to their halyards on deck. ( my grandpa was A D-day jump'n 82nd airborn Original Bad A$$ with a low Horse Sh!t tollerance)
My fav. was the power boater in Eluthra back in '83, who woke up to find his Colmen deck gen. ( after many other display's of rude) missing completely. They did however find it tied to their anchor when they raised it to leave.
Don't mess with the greatest generation...after what they went through little things like tossing equipment overboard won't even phase them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook