SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Name Protocol ?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: Boat Name Protocol ?

The most important thing is to name your boat something stupid.

And unintelligible.

Unpronounceable

Un spell able

And that includes "sea" like the boat I saw today: "Pregnansea". What the hell were they thinking? On board sex that needs to be advertised?
Or Ocean in the name, or something about retirement, dreams, rum, Happy Hours, Happy Ours etc, Island Time....

Or a catamaran has to include double something like Too Smart, Double Trouble.

One of the great Australian naming traditions is to name it something Aboriginal. Those names have the most consonants together of any language apart from Swahilli.... Try pronouncing Nhnumanjarra, let alone on spelling it to a Spanish port authority on the VHF radio...

So calling my boat Sea Life was meant to be simple. Who to F that up? Well, lots of people! Spanish have no concept of SEA and Life is pronounced "Leef Eh". And people who do speach English think I have said Sea LICE. Like I am gunna call a boat sea LICE?????

Or you could try one of the dirty American boat names... I never know how they register some of them like "Head Job" etc.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook