SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2013 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2013 Sailing Season

Well Sunday I took of half the canvas, replaced the impeller, opened the seacock and fired the Yanmar. Caught the first time and worked like it should. I said my thank yous to all the sea gods for that and gave Haleakula a kiss. While it warmed up I gave a run down my checklist of electronics and fired them all up. Stereo worked, chartplotter worked, radar worked, freshwater pumps, etc.

All looks good. The new cushions Donna has been working on all winter look great.

This comming weekend is our official start of boating season an our first weeked staying back on the boat every weekend. Good thing as our Club is having its St Patricks Party Saturday night and I dont wantto drive home afterwards...tihsway we can just roll down the doick to our boat

I have one project...new rope clutches and a few winches to rebuild but looks like the weekend of the 22 should be our first sail of 2013 weather permitting.

We usually start off with our 135 and she is waiting in the V berth to be put on the Harken furler.

Cant wait to set Haleakula free of her winter dock lines and knock the slime off her bottom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 03-11-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook