SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Merry Christmas!! What did you get?

4K views 24 replies 20 participants last post by  1970Columbia34 
#1 · (Edited)
Merry Christmas everybody! Whose husbands and wives were good to them this year? What did you get?

I got a binder to keep track of all our boat related stuff (we're leaving in June of 2009 with our kids for 18 months), a stormglass and a hammock from the wife. What's funny is I got the wife a hammock too! And I also got her a blender (didn't go 12v - just regular AC to be powered through our inverter). The hammock was from Blue Performance and is VERY nice, if anyone is looking for one.

Chris

#4 ·
This year, I recieved my gifts throughout the year. The year began by meeting a lady sailor that made me want to try again. And though it didn't work out as hoped. Just inspiring me to make the effort was a gift that time has shown to be one of the best I recieved. Then came retirement and finding Aria, as Mastercard says....priceless! Coming to Texas, for Aria, I found some great new friends that have been a gift all year long. Even my aborted trip to Florida, turned up a silver lining, as I met some great folks along the way, and learned lessons that should stand me in good stead as I continue on my journeys. And then there are the helpful folks that come to Sailnet, who have given me advice and encourgement during this new chapter of my life. All in all, a great year, full of gifts.

#5 ·
1. A 1947 boxed edition of "Two years before the mast"
2. "The Venetians" from the Seafarers colection of Time-Life Books.( I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the writing of this series of books. This is the 10 th book from this series for my bookshelf and I have read the other 9 from cover to cover, some twice)
3. a new Evergreen Pacific log book
4. The "History of Ships" by by Bernard Ireland
5. A new West marine rain suit with new 16" boots
the other stuf is not sailing related so I won't bother mentioning it.
Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday to all!

#13 ·
I got a Red West Marine Third Reef jacket from my wife then a sailing book and light pullover smock from her parents. My grandpa got me money for the NOAA charts I said I wanted.

My brother wants me to charter a boat to watch the Seattle Space Needle fireworks from anchor this weekend. We'll see. I haven't sailed in 2.5 weeks now and really want to go, but my wife isn't thrilled about her or even just me being on a boat new years eve night.

#19 ·
Got a nice fixed mount VHF (DSC) radio, one of those funky bicycle-pumped soda bottle horns, a hand-wind-up-generator emergency radio/flashlight, and a boxed hardcover set of Patrick O'Brien's Aubrey series. Happy holidays!

#23 ·
A nifty little flashlight-sized portable depth sounder - now when we're anchored with a line ashore I'll know exactly how much water is actually under the rudder (we regularly get up to 15 ft tide changes)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.