SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just wanted to say, hey
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

BlkOnyx488 is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to say, hey

Hello All,
I posted in the intro form but i figured this is where i will be spending most of my time.

I am here because my DH is going to be retiring from the Military in 7 years, and we have two boys who in 7 years my oldest will be close to graduating high school and hopefully on his way to harvard on a scholarship LOL. My youngest will probably still be in his bedroom playing with beavers and trains, (I can't see him ever growing out of that). So we are hoping to create a scenario where we can survive off my DH's retirement and maybe some part time work. Living in Northern VA after he retires is not my idea of a good time $$$$
Anyway we are seriously considering ditching our home for a Houseboat. At this point we are 100% novice, utter virgins when comes to living on the water.

So we decided we have 7 years to become experts , Or at least not look like total idiots when we finally sail into our retirement neighborhood.

We are interested in vacationing on houseboats in different Marinas and states to shop around and see what works best for us. so if you know of some great places to visit that could also become a potential live-aboard please let us know.

I am sure we are going to stay on the East Coast, I like the idea of being able to sail to the bahamas whenever we feel like it. I would like to be in an area where we don't have to drive to get everywhere. We are extremely active so biking and running trails would be awesome. Internet would be a must we don't watch tv much, (I can't miss The Walking Dead) but we like to know what's happening in the world.

So being a total novice we will need to know everything, I apologize in advance for all the stupid questions I will be asking. I will try to search the archives as much as possible. I am quick study well faster than my Husband so hopefully I will not get on anyone's nerves too much!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook