SailNet Community - View Single Post - Watch Out for Lost Containers!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Watch Out for Lost Containers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37SOLARE View Post
As for container tracking, there are several companies that provide it as the US Military tracks it's containers going in and out of theater as theft is a major concern as lots of the stuff we ship we really don't want to get in the hands of the bad guys.
Somehow I don't think the US Military are going to shove their stuff in an ordinary shipping container and send it FedEx.. Sure, the technology is out there - you can track your car too if you don't want the bad guys to get it - but, as we've already discussed here, the reason container tracking isn't commercially in common use has nothing to do with the technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_machine View Post
How about a container filled with Rubber Duckies?

'Moby-Duck': When 28,800 Bath Toys Are Lost At Sea : NPR
FWIW, I've seen a container full of stuffed toy rabbits tear apart and sink off Singapore Strait - that was very impressive: Bunnies all over the ocean!!

Last edited by Classic30; 03-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook