SailNet Community - View Single Post - California to the Virgins
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013

SakPase is on a distinguished road
Re: California to the Virgins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i have been anchored in zihuatenejo bay since dec 15th -- is a lovely anchorage--much better than la cruz anchorage, which is totally unprotected..perfect weather---i will not like leaving here--- cruising is all about change, as that is our only constant.
i will bypass acapulco and hit anchorages on my way to huatulco/puerto angel...and more south.
as i do not do marinas except in summertime, we may not meet until canal, if you go there...or not, as i am sloooooww....and i anchor.
happy sails.

for those still in la cruz-do not hesitate to anchor in isla grande, walk across the isthsmus and snorkel in the cove that is a reserve --- awesome--so much like caribean coves with brain coral and clear turquoise waters.....
We left California the same time you got to Zihuat. We are now in Huatulco and hope to be in Panama before the end of April.
I also prefer to anchor but my dog has a much better quality of life if we use the marinas, also my wife is very fond of real showers.
We went into Puerto Angel but there were so many pangas anchored and moored that even in my little boat I couldn't have gotten away with more than 2-1 scope. It is probably the peatiest anchorage down here, but the bays of Huatulco have some great snorkeling.
Unless you need something specific I see little reason to stop in Acapulco.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook