View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013
Large Member

GMFL is on a distinguished road
Re: virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithsisors View Post

the siz haz left the house
Too bad Siz, you should stick around here a bit. There is a lot of good advise, most of the negative stuff is just others jealous of your adventures.

Anyway, if you can spend more than a few days, I'd suggest heading to Catalina for a night. Either Avalon or Two Harbors would be a fun run. Both are really dead this time of year but the weather is in the mid 70's for the weekend. Not too bad for March. Then head up to Santa Cruz island for a night. That would be a good stop. Never been there personally but have read about it and will be stopping there myself this summer. Your final day would be a short run to Ventura. Have no idea whats in Ventura so you're on you own there.

Oh, both Avalon and Two Harbors have moorings you can rent. It's $20 or $30 a night this time of year I think. You can book online if you want. Santa Cruz, you'd have to anchor I'm pretty sure.

One more note. Your are going to be motoring most of the way unless you get lucky. Winds don't pick up until the afternoon and you're heading straight into them it appears.

Above all, Have FUN!!!

Gerry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook