SailNet Community - View Single Post - Real Bad weather
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Sail,

Yes, that is exactly what I meant!!!Thank you for the help.

Crazy maybe, stupid, not at all. Besides I would never thake my son, and his best friend to sea, if we were not on top of it.

I think its also good for everyone, first, we exposed the kid (remember he sails on his own most of the time), to a "different" condition from what he is used. Think of it as a lion teachig the puppy how to hunt. (his friend too, and his father a long time sailor was there too)
By teaching him foul weather sailing, and making him BE THERE, it will make a better sailor out of him, just in case, God forbids he might need it one day.

Second, it exposes us to it, so we get "trained" should we also need it some day.

But in the end, we were in control at all times. That is the key item here. Once it got "ugly" we returned. No big deal.

Besides, this morning, while we were taking the morning shower, he said it was one of the best days at sea he had, he hugged me and said he loved it. For this only its worth it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook