SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat Name Protocol ?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Boat Name Protocol ?

My grandfather renamed my boat before I took over ownership. The first thing that happend after he changed it was an electrical fire on the way to the Bahamas. Then an alcohol stove fire when we got there. Then the engine crapped out forever, still engineless. Then the main sail ripped in half in a squall. Then when I was impounded by the Belizean government for over staying my welcome, which was just after a dismasting by my own hand, ( I pulled the wrong pin) then it sunk on thanksgiving, then again the following christmas, then I sold it and bought it back a year later, then huricane wilma knocked it off it's stands in the yard and it landed on the Yanmar one cyl. that I had on a pallet under the boat which I had just rebuilt. holed the boat and the eng was a complete loss.,Then the boat yard seazed the boat for an unpaid bill.............................................. .....those are just the main points over a 30 year period, there is much more. I'm sure it's bad luck to rename a boat and leave port for a passage on friday, that's another string of stories. Hopefully I've paid the name change dues, it appears so any way's.