SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hi liveaboard Islander 32
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

midnight sail is on a distinguished road
Hi liveaboard Islander 32

Hi I'm Jaime and I liveaboard a 64 Islander 32 with my wife and 14yo son. I got bitten with the sailing bug about 3 years ago while staying on Block Island, RI. Eventhough I stayed on a trauler I knew I wanted to liveaboard. So after reaserching for a year deciding I wanted to go places so a sailboat would suit me better (not to mention a childhood dream). I ended up getting an old islander 32. It had lots of features I wanted to start out with. Full keel, quarter births, large windows, solid Hull. And the price within my budget. I then spent the next year rewiring it, rebuilding the atomic 4, and updating the systems, and as we all know that never ends.
Now we've been living aboard for almost a year and loving it and learning. We only got to sail it once last year it sailed great even with the old sails and rigging. But when. It was time to return to our slip the engine quit. I quickly tacked the proplem to be bad fuel. The ethonal I'm the gas ate away at the fiberglass tank. I am just finishing up putting a new poli....something tank in that says it will work with the new gas.
I would like to someday sail the icw, head over to the Bahamas, and Maby south to do some island hopping. I know I am along way away and have a lot of work to do.
Anythought on the islander 32's things I should look out for? Or any thoughts in general
Thanks Jaime
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook