Thread: virgin
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMFL View Post
Too bad Siz, you should stick around here a bit. There is a lot of good advise, most of the negative stuff is just others jealous of your adventures.

Anyway, if you can spend more than a few days, I'd suggest heading to Catalina for a night. Either Avalon or Two Harbors would be a fun run. Both are really dead this time of year but the weather is in the mid 70's for the weekend. Not too bad for March. Then head up to Santa Cruz island for a night. That would be a good stop. Never been there personally but have read about it and will be stopping there myself this summer. Your final day would be a short run to Ventura. Have no idea whats in Ventura so you're on you own there.

Oh, both Avalon and Two Harbors have moorings you can rent. It's $20 or $30 a night this time of year I think. You can book online if you want. Santa Cruz, you'd have to anchor I'm pretty sure.

One more note. Your are going to be motoring most of the way unless you get lucky. Winds don't pick up until the afternoon and you're heading straight into them it appears.

Above all, Have FUN!!!

Gerry
Funny I did not think the advise was negative...just realistic.

Never sailed the boat
Buys it after survey gets on it with no ocean experience
Heads out into the ocean for a 100 mile trip ALONE
Has never sailed the area he wil be traveling and obviously
Hasn't done the research
Comes on SN and asks about it
Doesn't like advice unless it pats him on he back

Yep that's negativity. So what's wrong with telling the truth and why would you support it. Think carefully. If your daughter or son came to you with this scenario would you cheer them on or tell them its risky. Jealousy hardly. Common sense maybe.

How about you walk the talk and offer to help him and go on the mission.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 03-12-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook