SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plan of Attack in BVI, Island Hopping
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Plan of Attack in BVI, Island Hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermudahigh View Post
...From Road town, i'd stop at Trellis Bay first, grab a mooring, have lunch at the loose mongoose, stroll the beach, dine at the last resort...
FYI, when I visited in January 2013 De Loose Mongoose restaurant was out of business. A couple guys had opened the bar for the holidays, but they seemed to be a long way off from getting the restaurant running.

Last Resort was still in business but closed the day we were there. It looked like a pretty cool place. I'd advise visiting it while you still can, because it's unclear if the proposed runway expansion would put them out of business.

If BVI moves ahead with a 7000' runway that can accommodate big, loud jets, the whole ambiance of that area will be negatively impacted. I know this from experience, since I keep my own boat at the end of the runway for Philly airport.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook