SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Defender has always been very prompt when shipping anything I've ordered. I don't know if they have a special policy for the Warehouse Sale, but I suspect it is so popular they just get backed up. People around New England drive for hours to actually attend. It must be an all hands on deck event for them.
I just spoke to Defender. Web/phone orders placed during the sale go onto "hold" status. People who visit the warehouse in person get first dibs on their available stock until the sale is over, then the web orders are filled from what's left after the sale. If they run out of the item it goes on backorder and is filled when it comes in. If it's a closeout item and they run out of it, it will not be reordered. For the 2013 sale, all shipping is suspended until March 25.

I've been toying with the idea of riding up there for the weekend. My wife has always wanted to visit Mystic, and if it's nice weather it would be a good excuse to go up there. With all the manufacuturers' reps there, it might be worth the looooong ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook