SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I just spoke to Defender. Web/phone orders placed during the sale go onto "hold" status. People who visit the warehouse in person get first dibs on their available stock until the sale is over, then the web orders are filled from what's left after the sale. If they run out of the item it goes on backorder and is filled when it comes in. If it's a closeout item and they run out of it, it will not be reordered. For the 2013 sale, all shipping is suspended until March 25.

I've been toying with the idea of riding up there for the weekend. My wife has always wanted to visit Mystic, and if it's nice weather it would be a good excuse to go up there. With all the manufacuturers' reps there, it might be worth the looooong ride.
It will be like going to a toy store on Black Friday I heard. I have a friends who goes every year and says its crazy. I will work on my boat and let UPS do the work for me

Mystic is a great place to visit. You should at least have 6 hours put aside just to tour the Seaport. We are members of the Seaport Association and display their burgee proudly on our boat.

Last we stoppped was the summer of 2008 when they had begun work on the 1860s whaling ship the Charles Morgan. I cant wait to see the finished producted as its set to launch this summer.

It is one of our stops this year on our trip to the LI Sound, We are staying for two days and we stay in the Seaport for docking. Second day is free to members of a certain level. Its neat to roam the Seaport at night after they kick out all the day tourists. My wife insists we stop at Mystic Pizza when we stay there.

That is a long ride by car, you are right. Hope you have a three day weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook