SailNet Community - View Single Post - First boat advice solicited/mid-Chesapeake
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006

cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough cardiacpaul is a jewel in the rough
My the God of your choice love ya man, We all know how you feel.

The choices you're looking at will certainly fill your needs.
You may want to take another gander at the catalina 30, only because of the vast number of them available, and the lower amount of schekles you'll have to fork over for one.

In the unlikely event that you find that this thing just isn't for you or more likely that you want to go bigger, you'll be able to "turn" her more quickly.

Heres a personal opinion.
You *can* spend the rest of your life seeking the "perfect" boat. I've been sailing for almost 40 yrs (hobie 16screaming like a girl) and still haven't found one that has everything that I "want".

The boats I have work for me. I never fail to go out without have an absolute blast, and almost never say "I wish I had a different boat".

In short, find one you can live with, one the better half can live with and go sailing.

Some people are like slinkies: not really good for anything... but you can't help laughing when you push them down the stairs
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook