SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat under $5000 for Puget Sound
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-12-2013 Thread Starter
northoceanbeach
first sailed january 2008

Sailboat under $5000 for Puget Sound

Hi, I am in Oregon visiting family and getting supplies ready. Soon I am going to go up to Puget Sound to buy a sailboat under $5000 to sail to the San Juans and Gulf Island, well the PNW, wherever I feel to go at the time.

Should be done singlehanded.

There's not as many options on craigslist as I'd like, but there are some. Not enough that I can really pick a boat and find it, say I'd like a Cal 25, there's not necessarily any listed, but there is a smattering of nice boats listed. I though I'd post this here so I can ask questions and get general advice on boats I see. Also, the boats in Seattle sell the fastest, and the rest are spread around the sound, so I don't want to drive to far for a poor candidate.

Today my two questions are:

1: One boat said the bottom was redone with a roller and enamel paint last year. Maybe he was just talking, but is enamel used for bottoms? You know some people do some strange things.

2: A "nice " interior was partially redone with non marine grade materials. Stuff from home depot to make counters and wood trim.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome