SailNet Community - View Single Post - Modern design + full keel?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Modern design + full keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
Thanks for the comments.

I'm sorry I didn't make myself very clear perhaps, or at least could have been more specific. I actually mean the hull shape as opposed to the interior.

Most of the full keel boats I see on the internet look to me like those very old fisherman boats one sees so now and then.

I'm trying to find out if there is anything that resembles what we see in a modern sailboat of the manufacturers I mentioned above. For me that would mean a smaller cockpit area, a flatter hull, not so many big windows, etc.

Anyways, something that looks more like a bavaria 42 than a tayana 37.

I understand that perhaps I what I'm after is just impossible or unthinkable in boat design, if that is the case then I just want to know that and ideally why if someone can help.

Hope this makes it more clear.
I guess not, I mean clear, at least not for me:

You want a kind of a Bavaria 42 with a full keel or a more traditional design, narrower, with a small cockpit and a fin Keel?

As it was already said in what regards modern boats (recent designs) with a full keel, with the exception of the Island Packet (I don't know if we can consider that modern even if the design is recent) I don't know of any. A British firm presented some years ago a design of a steel boat with a full keel but I believe they never made one and went bankrupt.

More traditional, I would say classic looking boats with a small cockpit, with a fin keel there are several, most of them are just week end cruisers but some are cruising boats, beside being beautiful to look at.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook