SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

fallard is on a distinguished road
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
It is one of our stops this year on our trip to the LI Sound, We are staying for two days and we stay in the Seaport for docking. Second day is free to members of a certain level. Its neat to roam the Seaport at night after they kick out all the day tourists. My wife insists we stop at Mystic Pizza when we stay there.
Last I checked, the Seaport has backed off some of their dockage benefits for members. Dockage is $4.50/ft until you get to the Mariner membership level, where it is $3.50/ft. You only get a $50. discount on the second night if you are at the Sustaining level or higher. You don't get a free night unless you are at the Benefactor or Champion level. Depending on the length of your boat and the length of your stay, it may be worth your while to upgrade your membership.

For the frugal sailor, there is a small transient anchorage just past the last federal channel marker (at the North end of the Seaport). It can fill up quickly and if you draw more than 5 ft, you may be out of luck. You would have to pay Seaport admission, unless your are a member and you wouldn't enjoy the ambience of docking at the Seaport itself.

Being a local (about 400 ft from the South end of Mystic Seaport) I have my opinion about Mystic Pizza. My favorite is Pizzetta, about a hundred yards due South of Mystic Pizza, on Water Street.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook