SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallard View Post
Last I checked, the Seaport has backed off some of their dockage benefits for members. Dockage is $4.50/ft until you get to the Mariner membership level, where it is $3.50/ft. You only get a $50. discount on the second night if you are at the Sustaining level or higher. You don't get a free night unless you are at the Benefactor or Champion level. Depending on the length of your boat and the length of your stay, it may be worth your while to upgrade your membership.

For the frugal sailor, there is a small transient anchorage just past the last federal channel marker (at the North end of the Seaport). It can fill up quickly and if you draw more than 5 ft, you may be out of luck. You would have to pay Seaport admission, unless your are a member and you wouldn't enjoy the ambience of docking at the Seaport itself.

Being a local (about 400 ft from the South end of Mystic Seaport) I have my opinion about Mystic Pizza. My favorite is Pizzetta, about a hundred yards due South of Mystic Pizza, on Water Street.
Thanks for the heads up...we already did the upgrade to the benefactor level. We spend most of our time anchoring out or mooring on our vacation of three weeks so we genrally take a slip when we spend a few days some place. We also liek supporting the Seaport. It is a great cause and a true representatuion of the old way of doing things. The volunteers there are always so very nice. We feel our money goes to a good cause there vs some administration.

I have looked at the cove before and wondered if we could anchor there. It looks small. We draw 4.5 so it is a possiblity I guess. The only other anchoring is out by Noank or Stonington.

Thanks for the heads up on the pizza. We dont actually eat there though my wife just like visiting it We go to a lobster place which is at the beginning of the winding channel back to the bridge ( the name escapes me).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook