SailNet Community - View Single Post - virgin
Thread: virgin
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I've got to learn to leave threads like this alone.
The posters seldom want to hear anything that doesn't re-affirm their desires.

Seriously, Runswithscissors has said he's gone, let's hope he comes back and rubs the wonder and thrill of the trip in our faces.
I'd much rather that happen than someone post a link to a news article.
While I think his chances of success have been grossly over rated in this thread, I do wish him the best luck. And luck is what he will need. A boat he has never seen before, that he got from a charity auction (IE they could not give it away) and he wants to leave the day after he takes possession. He has no offshore experience and does not even know the area? People here have been saying "take a life vest and a hand held VHF" and no one has said it is a REALLY BAD IDEA, saddens me. This has Coast Guard written all over it. Adrenalin junkie fulfilling is not worth the risk of life an money of the Coast Guard as they have thin enough resources as it is.

My guess is that he is more troll than real though as I can't imagine trying this and I have done some stupid things in my day! Sorry that I did not say what he wanted to hear, could not in good conscience do that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook