SailNet Community - View Single Post - West Marine no longer matching prices...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

fallard is on a distinguished road
Re: West Marine no longer matching prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

I have looked at the cove before and wondered if we could anchor there. It looks small. We draw 4.5 so it is a possiblity I guess. The only other anchoring is out by Noank or Stonington.

Thanks for the heads up on the pizza. We dont actually eat there though my wife just like visiting it We go to a lobster place which is at the beginning of the winding channel back to the bridge ( the name escapes me).
The Seaport could use your money. Despite some self-serving altruism, it is a worthy cause and deserves support. The bottom is generally muddy in the area north of the Seaport, FWIW, so you may not have a problem--should you settle into it at low tide.

There is a marked transient anchorage just across the channel from Mystic Shipyard and just south of Brewers. This is on your right as you pass Masons Island on the way to the RR bridge. Your draft is OK, but more than 5 ft and you might bump a soft bottom. This anchorage is about a mile from the Seaport. You don't have to resort to Noank or Stonington.

I can't tell from your description which "lobster house" you refer to--perhaps it's one of the local restaurants, like S&P Oyster House, nest to the Rt 1 bascule bridge. The classic lobster place along the Mystic River is Abbotts Lobster-in-the-Rough, with the striped red and white awning, right along the river just north of Noank Shipyard. You can tie up there while you are enjoying your lobster.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook