SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headed North...
Thread: Headed North...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Headed North...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post

Mario and I were discussing the comfort aspect of cruising a few weeks ago. What he said made absolutely good sense. "The whole point about cruising is to get from place to place in comfort. Beating your brains out and freezing to death is not part of cruising - it's insanity." I couldn't agree more. I like my gas grill, hot showers, Temper-pedic foam mattress in the Vee Berth, TV, internet connection, cell phone communications, etc...
Well, that's one style of cruising, of course... And I certainly agree it's nice to have those sort of creature comforts...

However, when one strives to eliminate any and all possibility of "discomfort" from wandering about in a small boat (not to mention needing niceties such as internet and TV), one will certainly be taking a wide array of fascinating potential destinations off the table... Hell, even the Caribbean or South Pacific can be a real bitch to get to, sometimes... (grin)

Lots of versions of "Paradise" out there, Gary - and some might involve a considerable amount of discomfort to get there...

Here is the aptly-named Paradise Harbor, Antarctica, for example...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook