View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
New A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Archambault A35: Ein Erfolgsgarant in Neuauflage - Yachten + Jollen*|*YACHT.DE

Archambault is building a new A35 (first 2 boats will be ready in late summer):

Better ballast to weight ratio (50 instead of 40%) at the same weight.
Same hull, but lighter deck and interieur with heavier keel.
Bigger sail area and longer mast.
Bowsprit as an Option.
Tiller or 2 wheels (instead of one wheel in the old A35).
2 versions: racing or cruising.
Price for the standard version is 148.000 including VAT...
I was a bit surprised with that. The boat is a winner, I mean it is still winning everywhere (solo, duo, full crew) and I was thinking how it would be possible to make a better boat.....well it turns out that it is nor really a new boat but an upgrade of the previous one and not only a cosmetic one : They managed to save 150kg making the cabin and deck also using vacuum infusion the technique they used already on the hull.

Talking about the hull, it is the same but curiously they have increased the ballast in 210kg and give it more 10cms of draft. So, diminished weight, more ballast and more draft that means MORE POWER as if the A35 has not already plenty.

Regarding the cosmetic part I am no sure I like more the lines of this one. Maybe the boat looks better than the designs and maybe the better alteration is on the interior, that was already a nice one for a high performance cruiser.

In fact they announce a cruiser and a racer. Maybe the cruiser has a better cruising interior and that would be great because the A35 has already a good cruising interior, in a spartan kind of way.

The new model (drawings) and the older one (photos):

This is going to be a great occasion to buy one of these babies almost new at a discount price. The guys that race this boat seriously on the first league will want the new faster one and the price of the "old" one on the used market is going to come down.

And I saved the best for the end: Archambault was living hard days and it would bankrupt if it was not saved in extremis by a new investor. It seems that things are going well and I am sure this upgrade will be a success making even better a great boat.

Boats keep winning and the A31, a boat that has already some years was elected 2012 IRC boat of the year. I love that boat. If I sailed solo it would be probably the boat that I would chose. Of course with my wife that is a no no

The a 31:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook