Thread: virgin
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013
Large Member

GMFL is on a distinguished road
Re: virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchee View Post
I just checked out a recently sold Ericson 26 from Newport Beach (charity auction) on eBay, only it was 1971, not 1973. I wonder if it's the same one? One thing I noticed is that it has been relisted at least twice due to nonpayment by the winning bidders. The most recent sale was 19 February, for $1600. It seems to be in pretty decent shape (from...you know...the pictures.)

MUST be the same boat, year is wrong, didn't mention he founded it on ebay, said he talked with the owners son and was at a charity auction. That's the one. I'm guessing you'd have posted a link if you were serious? Guess you're not. I, you, don't know? Stupid to make that assumption.

There are MANY boats in Newport and elsewhere that are donated to charity and auctioned or sold off. To make the assumption that they are derelict is unfounded. Maybe the owners want to benefit the charities with a nice donation? That ever come to mind?

Here, unlike you, I'll supply a link to a few, very nice, "charity" boats. All donated to help us poor saps who can't afford a newer one. Do a quick comparison if you like, most of these are listed for much less than like boats on the sell sites. I've seen them in person, not just the pics, very nice boats.

Boats For Sale | www.occsailing.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook