SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvuyxx View Post
I'm demasted with new rigging coming together, so I'll probably not make it in until mid April. Very excited though - new jib furler, new Tides Strong-Track, new mid-boom sheeting on a bridge traveler, raised boom up 6", and a new stackpack. Oh, I have no more budget left ... it is good that wind is free.

Practical Sailor never gives it very high marks, but this is my fourth season using West Marine CPP ablative. I've really had good results here on the upper Chesapeake. I've also been using Pettit Zinc Coat Barnacle Barrier (the one that Chef mentioned). It's only a fraction of the cost of SpeedProp ... and I think the results are fairly good. I haul out every winter ... so my performance time horizon is just one season at a time, but I think the CPP could go two seasons with respectable results. West Marine CPP is actually a rebranded Petit from what I understand.
I wonder how CPP would adhere to a worn-out coat of CSC Micron Extra, if I decided to change brands. Would I have to completely sand the hull down?

I guess I had a little more engine work remaining than I thought, but I made major progress yesterday. Now I really am at the point where I just need to swap the impeller and do an oil change.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook