SailNet Community - View Single Post - Headed North...
Thread: Headed North...
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Headed North...

Too cold for this old man. Any temperature lower than my age is the dead of winter, and I hate winter with a passion. I need palm trees, sugar white sand, turquoise water and warmth - 72 to 85 is just fine.

I've made it to Fernadino Beach, which is just below the Georgia border this afternoon. All of the past six days have been inside, the outside is really nasty right now - winds in the 25 sustained and 35 gusts category, mainly from the northwest. Temperatures are expected to fall into the 30s tonight - it's gonna be a cold one.

The enclosure works like a charm, pretty much as described by others - sailing in a green house. Sometimes it's too warm and I have to remove a panel to get the temperature in the cockpit down to a comfy 75 degrees.

Depending on tomorrow's weather, we'll either head out of the inlet here, or stay inside until we reach Saint Simon, which leads me to this question.

Has anyone here had any first had experience going out the inlet at Saint Simon Island? This is one of the few that I have never utilized when I was running power boats and fishing offshore, so I could really use some help ASAP.

Haven't had sufficient internet access to post the vids yet, but with luck I'll be able to do a couple tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook