SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
thought I read one of the scandanavian yards was in bankruptcy. guess I got it wrong.- my bad
Just got the wrong shipyard It is Najad. It has been bought since then but they are not out of trouble. They had a very good time before the crisis and increased the size of its operation making the shipyard bigger and hired more people. Bad timing.... the crisis struck immediately after that.

Besides this is a classic case of what I was telling you about a need to continuously keep improving the boats in a very competitive market: Najad are great boats but their rate of innovation and up grade of the boats was just not keeping up with the competition ( HR, X yachts cruising line and Malo) and clients started to disappear). The problem is not quality or the interior it is sail performance and the ones that think that does not count even on luxury cruisers are wrong, at least in Europe.

The guys that bought that, a motor company did not done what was needed: Or firing 2/3 of the staff and have a very small firm making high quality conservative boats, for a very small clientele or investing massively in one or two new new up to date models and keep the staff competing for the main market in the Luxury cruisers segment.

I guess they didn't have the means for the second one and labor laws in Sweden prevented the first one.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook