SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Open 5.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb74 View Post
1 did 2 Bol d'Or on the GS and some daysailing and I have to say it was the first time I've been on a 30 footer and the helm feel felt like my Open 5.00. Reactive like a race car and single finger handling on the tiller. Absolutely great feel and control.
You can do better as a contributor to this thread. You have an Open 5.00 and didn't post about it on this thread?

Why not? That is a great boat that would interest many and besides it is available in the US also. I have posted about the Open 5.7 the more expensive hard core racing version but not about the 5.0.

The Open 5.00 or Open 500, as it is also known, is on of the last legacies of the great master, Jean Marie Finot, that in the end of his career started to design boats that he thought would be affordable and would give a lot of sailing pleasure. Among them the Pogo 10.50 and the Open 5.00:

Finot says about the boat:

Light, Fast, stable, unsinkable, easy to sail, a boat that allows to go fast with the sensations of a racing dinghy without a capsizing risk.

The boats are made under licence in the US by the same guys that make the mini Pogo racer. They say about the boat:

Whether it's a relaxing day sail with family or a challenging single-handed speed run, the Open 5.00 is an amazing compact sportboat. Like her big brother, the Open 5.70, the 5.00 is fast and agile, but easier to sail and handle - an ideal boat for young or old, beginner or expert.

The Open 5.00 provides the perfect balance between dinghy and keelboat - sailing fast with dinghy-like excitement, without the risk of capsizing. The unique swing keel makes launching the boat a breeze and allows access to places other keel boats cannot venture.

It is a perfect blend all wrapped up in a small manageable package.

As for racing, the new series 5.00 benefits from the active and dynamic Class Association. The class' objective is to bring together those who are passionate about racing, but tired of complications regarding budget, large crews, water depth or expensive storage.

Open 5.00

So, give us your impressions about your boat and the fun to sail it

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook