SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
post #704 of Old 03-14-2013
Re: Full or fin keel?

Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post

I would agree that J-Boats is probably building a reasonable high tech newish boat. Even still, when you look at the new models, it is J-boat. Look at Elan and Beneteau for two, and they have boats that cruise, then some race, and a couple do both to a degree. X-Yacht is getting into this mold now that they are getting bigger per say too.

The J122 is a performance cruiser that can race while the J111 and J105 are more of a racer.

The only reason that prevents J boats to make what Xyachts do, with a full line of racers, performance cruisers and cruisers is ....MARKET, I guess. Simply there is not a big enough market for more expensive and fast sailboats in America.

Some time back I talked with the Salona guys regarding the American market. They said to me that they were more interested in the Asian market that was a lot more interesting. They had only sold a boat to America but several to Asia and Australia.

The owner of that American Salona 37 is a member of this forum. He says wonders about his boat and even so they only managed to sell one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-14-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome