SailNet Community - View Single Post - St. Thomas Charlotte Amalie info
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: St. Thomas Charlotte Amalie info

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarCry View Post
It's good to be hopeful. In practice, from the airport, the taxi doesn't move until it is filled to capacity. Just be prepared should that be your experience. On top of the published rate there is a $2/bag fee. You can look here St. Thomas Island Guide: Taxis & Rates
The area you are going to is Frenchtown or what is listed as Holiday Inn (no longer).

Have fun.
Funny, I've never seen that nor knew of the bag fee. We've always traveled with a single carryon and I see the fee is actually $6 from the airport to the ferry, plus $2 for the bag.

Here is a true story. First time I did this, I got out and asked how much for two people. I thought he said $60, which I thought was getting ripped off, but thought I should have asked before I got aboard. I went to hand the guy three 20 dollar bills. He stopped and said, "I'm an honest man and can't take that, it's 16 dollars" The accent got me. I gave him 20.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook