SailNet Community - View Single Post - St. Thomas Charlotte Amalie info
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013
Freedom 39

FarCry is on a distinguished road
Re: St. Thomas Charlotte Amalie info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Funny, I've never seen that nor knew of the bag fee. We've always traveled with a single carryon and I see the fee is actually $6 from the airport to the ferry, plus $2 for the bag.

Here is a true story. First time I did this, I got out and asked how much for two people. I thought he said $60, which I thought was getting ripped off, but thought I should have asked before I got aboard. I went to hand the guy three 20 dollar bills. He stopped and said, "I'm an honest man and can't take that, it's 16 dollars" The accent got me. I gave him 20.
Ya mon. Ilon mon taulk dem way.

Actually there is a large sign posted on the wall just as you leave the baggage area of the airport with all the fares posted. All taxicabs have fare sheets inside for you to see if you request them. If ever you are having problems with a taxi driver, just write down the license plate number and call the Dept of Tourism. We do not like unhappy tourists!!!! The majority of the drivers are good people. If you like your driver, you can always ask him for a card and call to have him pick you up on your return. Most would be glad to haul a group.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook