SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's your biggest bonehead move sailing?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: What's your biggest bonehead move sailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_sf View Post
They've both come out with us again.

One has really taken to it. She insisted on helping pull the head on my old, rusty Atomic 4. (And on helping pull the engine when it came to that. AND on storing it in her yard so she could take it apart.)

She sounds like a catch until you hear HER biggest bonehead move.

During a night sail, I told her to blow the jib, and she walked away. I shrugged and blew the jib myself, then watched it fall to the deck. She had untied the halyard and, without uncoiling the rope, let go of the whole thing. (I suppose I should've specified that I meant to blow the jib SHEET.)

Of course, she climbed to the spreaders and retrieved the halyard, so... she's more like the babe of my dreams than merely a catch.
If you haven't married her yet, you have a new biggest boneheaded move.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook