SailNet Community - View Single Post - Plan of Attack in BVI, Island Hopping
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Plan of Attack in BVI, Island Hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
...........Some of the advance purchase services claim that by ordering ahead you avoid out-of-stock problems, but I'm not sure the laid back island people would be that diligent. I'd appreciate comments on this from those who have actually used their services.....
I'll give them credit that its hard to avoid out-of-stock issues. They are on a island.

However, we did not have a significant issue. I would say 98% as we ordered. It's a little hard for me to imagine being that brand specific in my requirements when traveling to another country. However, most brands were US and arrived exactly as the website identified them.

As for produce, our bag of apples and potatoes on this last trip were fine. Lettuce too as well as limes. Large tomatoes didn't last a day, but grape tomatoes lasted longer.

Beer, wine, tuna, bread, butter, eggs, snacks, chicken, cookies, etc, were all great. We fully provisioned for all breakfasts, most lunches and about 3 dinners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook