SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full or fin keel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
The US water tourists don't have the same outlook as the 30 to 40 somethings taking off from europe.
Most Europeans, unless they can take a sabbatic year, will only do extensive cruising at the retirement age that is for most mid 50's and now it is about 60 year's old, even not taking full pension.

Till then they do club racing, week end cruising or holiday's cruising and mostly they charter boats.

I knew a more than 70 year old guy that was cruising along on a Small dragonfly trimaran. He was coming from Sweden. I meet him in Portugal, he was bound to the Med. I guess we can call that extensive voyaging

Last year I was interested in a Salona 42 (fast performance cruiser) the owner was a 83 old sailor. He sell it to buy a new Grand Soleil 43, another fast performance cruiser. He cruises alone with its wife that is not much younger than him.

I guess it is a difference in perspective in part due to the lesser options on the American market, but that has certainly nothing to do with age.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 03-16-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook