SailNet Community - View Single Post - St Maarten itinerary - 9 days
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013

ArgleBargle is on a distinguished road
Re: St Maarten itinerary - 9 days

i know its a bit out of the way, but if the swells are NOT from the north when you're there, i recommend an ovenight at the small mooring ball field at Saba, dinghy to Fort Baie & take a little taxi tour of the island with some stops, lunch, maybe a hike. Its maybe 5 hours south/SSW of St. Maarten.

we stopped there on an Antigua - St. Maarten one way charter a couple of years back, and Saba Is. was a very, very special & unique place and very different from St. Maarten/Barts/Anguilla. i will never forget the day i spent there. also, it would be a nice sail in the right wind.

i wouldnt go there if there are big swells from the north, as the overnight i think would not be very comfortable.

also, i quite liked Anguilla - cool cliffs and nice beaches - there's a great lunch stop called Sandy Island if the weather is reasonably settled.

did not anchor at orient, but went there from land and found it a bit crowded & unfriendly compared to other places.

maybe you're looking for more exciting places/nightlife, though. everyone's different.

have fun!

Last edited by ArgleBargle; 03-16-2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: mispoke
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook