SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
post #75 of Old 03-17-2013
TakeFive

Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
The weatherman lied again! I thought today was going to be rainy and cold. I didn't make an effort to get to the boat early figuring I'd just go down and tinker around. I did take my boat's name and hailing port for the transom. To my surprise it didn't rain and it was quite warm! I applied the name and hailing port and took the Winter cover off. If I knew it was going to be such a nice day I would have brought the name and shear stripes for the sides. Oh well getting closer.
Well there must have been a front line between us or something. I woke and saw temps around 50 and figured the forecast high of 36 must have been WAY off. But by the time I was dressed and ready to head to the boat, the temp had dropped 10 degrees and it was flurrying outside. Next few hours were rain and cold mist, and I just couldn't bring myself to work on the boat in those conditions.

With the temp forecasts I'm seeing, I really don't see how I'm going to get the bottom scraped, sanded, and painted by my hoped-for launch date of April 6. It was just miserable outside today. I did some work on the sails and sail cover inside the house, and downloaded NOAA chart updates and upgraded OpenCPN. I figure the NOAA website might be at risk to go down once the sequestration really starts to kick in a couple weeks from now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Breakin' Away (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
Take Five is for sale (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome