SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013
TakeFive's Avatar
TakeFive TakeFive is offline
Proud "picnic sailor"
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Posts: 2,831
Thanks: 6
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Rep Power: 6
TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
The weatherman lied again! I thought today was going to be rainy and cold. I didn't make an effort to get to the boat early figuring I'd just go down and tinker around. I did take my boat's name and hailing port for the transom. To my surprise it didn't rain and it was quite warm! I applied the name and hailing port and took the Winter cover off. If I knew it was going to be such a nice day I would have brought the name and shear stripes for the sides. Oh well getting closer.
Well there must have been a front line between us or something. I woke and saw temps around 50 and figured the forecast high of 36 must have been WAY off. But by the time I was dressed and ready to head to the boat, the temp had dropped 10 degrees and it was flurrying outside. Next few hours were rain and cold mist, and I just couldn't bring myself to work on the boat in those conditions.

With the temp forecasts I'm seeing, I really don't see how I'm going to get the bottom scraped, sanded, and painted by my hoped-for launch date of April 6. It was just miserable outside today. I did some work on the sails and sail cover inside the house, and downloaded NOAA chart updates and upgraded OpenCPN. I figure the NOAA website might be at risk to go down once the sequestration really starts to kick in a couple weeks from now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook