SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do I get insurance and how much does it cost?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: How do I get insurance and how much does it cost?

Be very careful with Geico. They are reputed to reduce coverage in ways the average consumer doesn't understand, in order to reduce rates. You see the same limit as the next guy, but your's may not apply to all the same events as theirs. (Have you ever seen the Mayhem commercials that say "your cut rate insurance may not cover this"? That's what they are trying to say, without naming Geico directly) You learn when you have a denied claim after paying all that money.

Cheap insurance is almost always cheap for a reason. I always recommend using and agent/broker that has access to several different insurance companies and can explain the differences in coverage so you can make an informed decision. All cruising grounds will have someone experienced in marine insurance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 03-17-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook